Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Landon, 4th Grade Student

Give Me My Life

Inspired by Graham Denton’s “Give Me Wings” which was studied during 4th grade Focus Poetry, Landon penned his personal, heartfelt sentiments about having the freedom to celebrate life on his own terms.  I am delighted to share his masterpiece, so others may dare to dream.  ~Deanna Krenek, 4th Grade Teacher



“Give Me My Life”

By Landon N.


There, let me outside and have my wings,

So I can see the world, feel the wind, see stuff,

So let me see my true life like you!

So let me look in the heavens and the ends of the earth.

Let me meet new friends like you did once.

So let me see true light, and you can come, too, if you like.

So if you can hear me, show me the world, everybody’s world!

Show them and me from stars up above, from earth below,

What it looks like!

So if you can lend me a wing or two,

So I can live my life! I want to live!

So show me a park or anything your heart desires,

Or show me my life,

So come here and give me the best two wings you’ve got.

So wait, what? You will give me wings? Really? Yes! Yeah!

Come fly with me, okay?

Now I see true life. It is now revealed.



3 comments:

  1. Just awesome! Landon, you were born with wings. You just gotta learn to use them and fly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you! When I am feeling down, I will read your poem to make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this poem. When I am feeling down, I will read this poem again to make me smile...

    ReplyDelete