Thursday, April 7, 2016

Kylie Maneri, 1st Grade Teacher



Folktale Fun in Miss Maneri’s 1st Grade Class


Two weeks ago, first grade began a reading and writing unit over Traditional Literature, and it has quickly become our favorite! These cheetahs are reading all types of folktales and even learning how to write their own. Our class has loved looking at different versions of the same story and comparing how they are alike and different. This even inspired some of them to write their own versions of popular folktales during writing time. 


Daniel says, “I like these stories because they are made up and have stuff that’s not real. I like that they always have a problem, and they always live happily ever after.”

“Little Red Riding Hood is my favorite folktale we have read in class. I like that she is bringing stuff to her grandma because that is nice.” –Jasmine


“I love writing fairy tales because you can write something funny or scary, and there are princesses!” -Sophie



“My favorite story so far is The Princess and The Frog. I like frogs, and I like stories with castles in them!” –Aiden


“Writing folktales is fun because you can use your imagination to write them. I like to use stories that I know and then change them a little bit to make it my own.” –Madelyn


“Fairy tales are awesome because they have magic! I like princesses, too! Cinderella is my favorite story.” -Jaylynn






No comments:

Post a Comment