Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Day 167-Candace Clark-1st Grade Teacher

Future Poets and They Didn't Know It!

In 1st grade we are studying poetry in both reading and writing. The students have loved reading poems by both famous and unknown poets. They have also really loved writing their own poetry. Here is a sample of some 1st grade poetry.
Read Everyday
Poet: Alia
Read every day,
Read every night,
Don’t stop until you get it all right,
Read at the pool,
And at school,
Don’t stop reading even if you get it.

The Girl That Dreamed Big
Poet: Gracie
There was a girl that dreamed big,
There was a boy that said genius,
There was a girl who dreamed for money,
There was a boy who said, “Will you buy me a bunny?”
She said, “No Way!”
And went off to say,
“I wouldn’t buy you something any way!”
There was a boy who said, “Please!”
She said, “No, I think I’ll keep my money!”


A Friend to Have
Poet: Victoria
A beautiful, shiny day,
With a fun friend to play with,
But I looked for her everywhere!
Under the cabinets,
Under the bed,
In the closet,
And on my head!
But when I said,
“A shiny day with no one to play with.”
My kitty came running,
Calling “meow, meow, meow!”
A fun friend!

The Beach
Poet: Aidan
The beach is fun,
With treasure everywhere.
The beach is fun,
With seashells, buckets and shovels.
The beach is the best place to have a summer vacation,
I hope you know its location!
Then we go home to take a snooze,
Then it’s another day,

A day for the beach!

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome poem by Aidan!!!! He must have some awesome parents!!!!

    ReplyDelete