Monday, May 12, 2014

Day 160, Christian-5th Grade Student

Sled Hockey-It's a real sport!

I chose to research the sled used in sled hockey for my inventor project in science class. I chose sled hockey because I saw it on the Paralympics and found it so fascinating that I wanted to know more. I kept running into dead ends. I asked my teacher for help and together we found a website called Mobility Sports. There wasn't much on the website so my teacher said let’s email and see what happens.

What happened was way cool-the owner emailed Ms. Monroe right away and within an hour I was on the phone with the owner, Randy Kwapis. During our 30 minute conversation, Mr. Kwapis told me why his company makes the sleds, gave me contact information for the Austin Blades Sled Hockey team, and gave me his personal story. Since that conversation, Ms. Monroe has emailed him again for other bits of information for my project.

I never imagined that I would be able to speak to the owner of a company that makes sleds for sled hockey. Also, I never thought he would be so easy to talk to. This has to be at the top of my list of cool experiences. 


1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Way to track down and use an information source!

    ReplyDelete