Friday, January 22, 2016

Sydnee, 4th Grade Student



Ms. Deanna Krenek is delighted to share a special memory of one of her precious students. Sydnee S. brings radiance to her 4th grade classroom through creative insights and an unbridled imagination. With the heart of a poet and the soul of an artist, Sydnee reflects upon her first equine adventure.




I rolled down the window feeling the wind splash on my soft face. I sat back down on the arm of the cushioned seat and asked, “Where are we going?”  

Granny said nothing, the silence filling the car like a quiet night in the country. I looked out of the window with a grin and thought, “Oh, it’s a surprise.” 


I saw the trees dancing from the air. I looked to the left out of the window seeing a sign that said, “$5 Horse Rides!” I smiled a moon smile, drinking my fresh, cold Sprite. I sat back down and felt the soft seat, smiling. Soon, we were at the horse stables. I opened the door of the car and shut it as I got out. I felt the heat from the sun and the happiness from my head. As I was walking towards the stables, the horses neighed and pranced with their back legs swinging and flying in the air. I felt so happy to ride on the horse. My granny said I could touch one, so I walked up to it and gently placed my soft hand on its neck then laughed as the gentle beast calmed down. My granny called.  Right before I went to her, I whispered to the horse, “I promise I’ll ride you.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment