Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Staff Feature-Deanna Krenek, 4th Grade Teacher

Ms. Krenek is new to our Cimarron family, but one would never know it. She has joined the team and has taken on many new roles. She has been a great addition to our staff and is eager to learn and try new things. Take a moment to learn a little more about her as an educator. 




I am one of two ladies named Deanna Krenek in the West Houston area. I joined the Cimarron Elementary family this past August and am delighted to be teaching 4th grade English Language Arts, Reading, and Social Studies. A native of Sealy, Texas, I have resided in Katy since 1989.  My four wonderful children grew up in this community before heading to Aggieland and beyond! Whoop!

Throughout the past 8 years, I taught Communication Applications, Dance and Theatre at the junior high level in Waller ISD. I attended Sam Houston State University on scholarship and graduated Summa Cum Laude with a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Dance. I subsequently attended the University of Texas in Austin to pursue coursework in Elementary Education. My certifications include Generalist (EC-4), Gifted Talented Supplemental (EC-12), ESL Supplemental (EC-12), Special Education (EC-12), Theatre (EC-12), Dance (8-12), and Speech (8-12).



I have been recognized for my work in education both as a parent volunteer and as a classroom professional. In 2001, I was awarded a Texas PTA Life Membership presented by Nottingham Country Elementary in Katy ISD. In February of 2014, I was honored as Waller Jr. High’s Campus Teacher of the Year in Waller ISD. With a background in performance arts, I look forward to assisting Mrs. Boltz with the school musical. I will also manage the 4th Grade Destination Imagination team and prepare its members for competition.


I believe that students most effectively acquire knowledge through active participation, dramatization, movement, and song. In my experience, learning is enhanced by the higher-level thinking skills developed through the integration of Fine Arts within project and performance-based activities. I appreciate personal expression even if its inclusion sometimes results in a bit of a mess or a little noise.

No comments:

Post a Comment