Sunday, May 1, 2016

Staff Feature-Amanda Fait, Kindergarten Teacher



My name is Amanda Fait. This is my fourth year as a Kindergarten at Cimarron Elementary. I am so thankful to be a part of the Cheetah family and have the opportunity to work with such wonderful students and staff on a daily basis.


Having graduated from Katy High School, it felt like coming home when I began teaching in Katy ISD. I have had so many wonderful influences on my life which helped cultivate my love for learning and teaching.

I graduated from Baylor University with a Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education. I then continued my studies at Texas A&M University where I received a Master’s Degree in Curriculum and Instruction. My educational journey is currently leading me to the University of Houston where I am pursuing my Doctorate Degree in Educational Leadership.

I have been fortunate to participate in several conferences and programs such as Teacher’s College Reading and Writing Project and I enjoy sharing the information I learned with my fellow colleagues. I have also been able to serve on the Campus Advisory Committee and Technology Integration Leadership Team.

I enjoy connecting with members of our Cimarron family through special events such as the Carnival and Spirit Nights.

A quote that drives me is “When educating the minds of our youth, we must not forget to educate their hearts.” Dalai Lama

No comments:

Post a Comment