Sunday, May 1, 2016

Staff Feature-Amy Lancaster, Instructional Coach

My name is Amy Lancaster, and I am the Mathematics /Science Instructional Coach at Cimarron. I began my journey as a Cimarron Cheetah in 20052, and have loved every step of the way. 



This is my 30th year in Katy ISD! Most of my years as a classroom teacher were spent in third grade; however, I have also been a fourth grade teacher, and a second grade math teacher, and a gifted and talented teacher. I enjoy my coaching position because I have the opportunity to work and learn with students and teachers.

I am currently working on my Doctorate in Educational Leadership and have a specialization in Curriculum and Instruction. I hope to finish by May.

I am a member of Who's Who Among America's Teachers.

One of my favorite quotes is from Albert Einstein: "Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think."

No comments:

Post a Comment