Sunday, April 13, 2014

Day 143-Tanner, 1st Grade Student


Plants

In 1st grade we have been studying about plants. We have learned about the life cycle of plants. We each got to plant different kinds of seeds and watch them germinate and grow. We also learned about the parts of a plant. We got to do a lab where we learned that we eat all different parts of plants. We eat leaves as lettuce, the flower as broccoli, roots as carrots, seeds as peas, fruit as tomatoes, and the stem as celery. I think it was a lot of fun to try the plant parts and see that we eat all of these different parts. I had never eaten lettuce before and I tried it for the first time yesterday. It was fun to think that I was eating leaves. I actually liked the lettuce.



We learned a lot of fun and interesting facts about plants this year. I can’t wait to take my green bean plant home and watch it grow big.



No comments:

Post a Comment