Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Day 26, Robert-5th Grader


I learned about sublimation and what sublimation is. Sublimation is when a solid turns into a gas. An example of a solid that can turn into a gas is dry ice at room temperature. If you put dry ice in water it starts to turn into a gas. You can scoop the gas up in a container and pour the gas into another container. Also, if you put dry ice on metal it starts to move and make noise because sublimation is causing the molecules of the gas to move quickly.


I never thought that you can pour a gas into a container. It is amazing what happened in this lab if you really stop and think about it! I have never heard of sublimation before in my life, but now that I know what it is, I am so excited to learn more about this stuff in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment