Thursday, October 24, 2013

Day 41, Laila-4th Grade Student

Bailey The Cat

Mr.Sumner has been teaching us about adding details to our story.  He has also taught us leads, dialogue, endings, and writing about a small moment.  This is my story about my cat Bailey.



I zipped through the kitchen, thinking it was a grassy clearing. I wobbled towards the box. As I opened it, my face started beaming. There was no known cure for the happiness that flooded my body.


A cat hopped out! It looked as if it was taking a breath of relief as its broad face turned to gaze at mine. He padded towards my scraped jeans, he sniffed it as if he had caught my scent- Hmm.. is he friendly? I asked myself. I padded towards him, arching my hand to gently pet him. He darted towards the bedroom door, tufts of creamy fur hung from the ends of rusty nails. Mouse! Bailey crouched into hunting position and he leaped. His claws dug into the mouse’s shaggy, brown fur, he began batting it constantly. He threw the dead mouse into the mid-air, he opened his crooked jaws, the mouse hung lifeless in his mouth. I grabbed the deceased mouse gently and placed it gracefully in its mouse hole, “Nice catch!” I complimented, “Lets- I mean- I will call you, Bailey.” I smiled. 

His pale nose twitched as if he were disgusted. His pelt was a dark oak color with dark brown stripes ripping across his scrawny body. His dark face turned to the glittering windows. Lately he’s been seeing birds, but not anything like this-a red and black blurry figure appeared in it. His battle meow finally sounded, the figure shaped into a bird, flapping it’s red wings. Its beak opened up, as if it were alarming other species. It closed its eyes as it sounded the alarm, and Bailey swiftly unsheathed his dark claws and his crooked jaws opened. Night fell quickly, Bailey sheathed his killer claws and gave a friendly meow. I looked out the glistening windows, the city lights brightened, my eyes sparked with affection..” My home, my family.” I stated as my face smiled from ear to ear.

No comments:

Post a Comment